Introduction

This year as part of our Lenten journey we will be reflecting on the Seven Last Words (or sayings) of Jesus from the Cross. Reflections will be posted here on Wednesdays beginning on Ash Wednesday, with a link going on to Facebook (and for St Nicholas's people). Each reflection will include an image which hopefully will highlight a facet of what has been discussed in the reflection, and a chance for us to reflect and act ourselves on what we have read.

Fr Matt


The Seven Last Words of Jesus from the Cross:

1 (Ash Wednesday): Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

2 (Lent I): To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

3 (Lent II): Woman, behold, thy son! Behold, thy mother!

4 (Lent III): My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

5 (Wednesday after Mothering Sunday): I thirst.

6 (Wednesday after Passion Sunday): It is finished

7 (Spy Wednesday/ Wednesday of Holy Week): Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2. ‘Today you will be with me in paradise’.

Reflections Holy Week: Holy Monday - Rufus and Alexander, the sons of Simon of Cyrene